From "Digy" <digyd...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Lucene.NET 2.3.2 -- Test dependencies
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2009 20:43:04 GMT
CollectionAssert is a part of NUnit 2.4. See
http://www.nunit.org/index.php?p=collectionAssert&r=2.4.1
I think if you (can) upgrade your Nunit to a newer version, there will be no
problem.

I don't see this as a problem since it is not related with the core of the
Lucene.Net.

DIGY.

-----Original Message-----
From: Granroth, Neal V. [mailto:neal.granroth@thermofisher.com]
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2009 11:10 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Lucene.NET 2.3.2 -- Test dependencies

It seems that "CollectionAssert" is a part of Microsoft Visual Team System,
not standard .NET.

Assert.LessOrEqual() must have been added to NUnit since version 2.2 (note
that even the version you have 2.4.8 is no longer current.)

How do you think this should be handled?  At a minimum, a readme file should
be added to the Test project listing these new requirements in Lucene.Net
2.3.2

But in my case, this will not help me run the tests and validate 2.3.2.  In
my somewhat tightly controlled environement I am not free to update to new
version tools.
As the problem only exists in TestWeakHashTable, my recommendation would be
to edit TestWeakHashTable and remove these new dependencies.

Comments?

-- Neal