From runenur <rune...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Considering to contribute
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 22:54:53 GMT
Hey guys,

I haven't received any response yet, so I guess I can try to take some
initiative and see how that goes:

My first proposed change is regarding to namespace imports and fully
qualified names. I've notived that fully qualified names are being
used alot, and in my opinion, they clutter the code, and make the code
harder to read. Making better use of the 'using' directive is a task
that can be automated by the use of various tools, one of which is
ReSharper. I've already used this tool to update the code (revision
799135) to remove fully qualified names and use the 'using' directive
instead- It also removed quite a few unused namespace imports. This
change reduced the number of code warnings given by ReSharper
considerably, and this actually helped me spot a couple of bugs in the
code (I'm currently located at another computer and do not remember
the details behind the bugs, but I will bring them to attention at a
later time).

Is this patch something you would be interested in applying?

PS: I have noticed that trunk has started to show signs of the 2.4.0
conversion, which is good news. Nice work!

runenur