From runenur <rune...@gmail.com>
Subject Considering to contribute
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 11:07:22 GMT
Hey,
I've been playing with Lucene.Net for a while, and there are some issues
that I have noticed. First of all, it is very clear from the API that it is
a more or less direct port of Lucene, and does not really feel .NET-ish.
Also, I've noticed that it usually takes a while for a new Lucene release to
get ported to Lucene.Net. For that reason, I am considering to offer some of
my time to help keeping the code base up to date and to follow the .NET
design guidelines in a better manner. In that regard, I have a few questions
I would love if someone could answer:
* Does the code following a coding convention of some kind? For example,
I've noticed that tabbed and spaced tabs are used intermixed, leaving me to
believe that might not be the case.
* Do there exist a prioritized list of what should or could be done to the
code base?
* How far along is the 2.4.x port?
With best regards,
runenur