From Floyd Wu <floyd...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about StandardAnalyzer.cs
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 08:31:36 GMT
Hi all,
My problem is I have a field and the field is set to be  Indexed & Stored.
The index value is Z123456.
But when I using StandardAnalyzer to search this field, it seems  that
StandarAnalyzer will transaform my query text "Z123456" to "z123456". After
walk through source code, I found following lines:
  public override TokenStream TokenStream(System.String fieldName,
System.IO.TextReader reader)
  {
   StandardTokenizer tokenStream = new StandardTokenizer(reader,
replaceInvalidAcronym);
   tokenStream.SetMaxTokenLength(maxTokenLength);
   TokenStream result = new StandardFilter(tokenStream);
   result = new LowerCaseFilter(result);
   result = new StopFilter(result, stopSet);
   return result;
  }

Why using LoweCasefilter() here? If I comment out this line, will I have any
potential problems?
I think my "Z123456" to "z123456" is transformed by this filter.