From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Graduation
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 16:26:59 GMT
Here are the requirements:  http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Graduating+from+the+Incubator

  and are pasted below.

It seems that you don't have to actually release, but you need to have
release plans.  So, what are your plans for release?  Can you guys
provide status on the other stuff?   I'm sure you have the Alignment
stuff down and I'm guessing all the Infrastructure stuff is done,
since I doubt you need GUMP integration.  What about the legal stuff?
Presumably, y'all have CLAs on file, otherwise you wouldn't have an
account.  Looks like: http://incubator.apache.org/projects/lucene.net.html
  needs to be updated to reflect that there are now three committers
and to reflect the other status items.

Being in incubation since 2006 is too long in my book, but it seems
like you have a decent community here now, and, since you are going to
be a subproject, I think the standards are a bit different from TLP
anyway.

Can we work to get this going?  Looks like most of it should just be
some bookkeeping at this point.

Thanks,
Grant

<snip url="http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Graduating+from+the+Incubator

">

     *   Legal
     *
           o All code ASL'ed
           o The code base must contain only ASL or ASL-compatible
dependencies
           o License grant complete
           o CLAs on file.
           o Check of project name for trademark issues

     * Meritocracy / Community
     *
           o Demonstrate an active and diverse development community
           o The project is not highly dependent on any single
contributor (there are at least 3 legally independent committers and
there is no single company or entity that is vital to the success of
the project)
           o The above implies that new committers are admitted
according to ASF practices
           o ASF style voting has been adopted and is standard practice
           o Demonstrate ability to tolerate and resolve conflict
within the community.
           o Release plans are developed and excuted in public by the
community.
                 + (requirement on minimum number of such releases?)
                 + Note: incubator projects are not permitted to issue
an official Release. Test snapshots (however good the quality) and
Release plans are OK.
           o Engagement by the incubated community with the other ASF
communities, particularly infrastructure@ (this reflects my personal
bias that projects should pay an nfrastructure "tax").
           o Incubator PMC has voted for graduation
           o Destination PMC, or ASF Board for a TLP, has voted for
final acceptance

     * Alignment / Synergy
     *
           o Use of other ASF subprojects
           o Develop synergistic relationship with other ASF subprojects

     * Infrastructure
     *
           o SVN module has been created
           o Mailing list(s) have been created
           o Mailing lists are being archived
           o Issue tracker has been created
           o Project website has been created
           o Project ready to comply with ASF mirroring guidelines
           o Project is integrated with GUMP if appropriate
           o Releases are PGP signed by a member of the community
           o Developers tied into ASF PGP web of trust

</snip>