From Ben Martz <benma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene.NET 2.4.0
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 22:59:16 GMT
With regards to the sync issue, I was puzzling over whether or not the java
sync method actually flushes the underlying disk cache or if it simply
completes the pending operations within the context of the specific file
stream (like System.IO.FileStream.Flush()) - I haven't been able to find the
answer so far. Obviously an actual sync of the underlying cache is a very
expensive operation that would be nice to avoid if possible, especially if
all we need to do is flush the pending writes to the file so that a
concurrent read operation can take place. Can anyone enlighten me perhaps?

Thanks,
Ben