From "Jokin Cuadrado" <joki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: lucene Search
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2008 22:46:29 GMT
Lucene is a full text search engine, so it index the full words. If
you want to search within words you must index all the posibles search
terms with the proper analyzer.

I suggest you to take a look to the lucene in action book to
understand how the full text index searchs work.

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 8:56 PM, tony njedeh <njedeh@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I know everyone is into the more complex stages of lucene, but I was wondering if anyone
help me with an answer to this.

> I am presently using lucene in an asp.net 2.0 framework. If I do a search for the word
man, it finds everything that starts with man but it doesn't  find anything that ends with
Man, like Woman, or SeaMan. Can anyone tell me how to get lucene to search within words. If
its not possible for lucene to do this search, please can someone let me know