From tony njedeh <nje...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: lucene Search
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2008 01:08:42 GMT
Thanks for the reply guys, i would get the book.

Anthony

--- On Mon, 12/22/08, Granroth, Neal V. <neal.granroth@thermofisher.com> wrote:

From: Granroth, Neal V. <neal.granroth@thermofisher.com>
Subject: RE: lucene Search
To: "lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org" <lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org>, "njedeh@yahoo.com"
<njedeh@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, December 22, 2008, 6:46 PM

Splitting words or other meta-data into searchable terms is the best approach,
taking full advantage of the Lucene data structure and offering the best search
speed.  But it is not always possible to know, ahead of time, how the words or
meta-data should be parsed and split, or from what terms the end-user will want
to construct their search.  In those cases wildcards provide a slower, but
workable solution.

I too highly recommend "Lucene in Action"; though its java-based
unit-test examples might be confusing for less experienced developers.

-- Neal