From "George Aroush" <geo...@aroush.net>
Subject RE: Lucene.Net 2.3.1 Candidate
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2008 02:01:56 GMT
Hi Doug,

I strongly suggest that 2.3.1 be stabilized first and be formally release
(or at least be prompted to RC (release candidate) status) before you bring
in 2.3.2 code base.  Since Lucene.Net is still in incubation, there is a
formal process to make a release -- search the Lucene.Net mailing list or
ASF website to find out more.  Making a release is an important part and a
required process toward a graduation from incubation; it's important that
you and DIGY experience a formal release process.

Once 2.3.1 is in at least RC status, and the community has tested it without
issues, then what need to happen is a copy of 2.3.1 code is made from the
"trunc" to "tags" repository (i.e.: "svn copy".)  Once this happens, then
the "trunc" becomes 2.3.2.

So, in a nutshell, before you can check-in your 2.3.2 work, it's important
to get the current version into RC status.  For this to happen, the points I
highlighted to DIGY must be meet.

Regards,

-- George