From "George Aroush" <geo...@aroush.net>
Subject RE: Lucene.Net 2.3.1 Candidate
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2008 02:18:25 GMT
Hi DIGY,

Few more things are needed before the SVN trunk can be promoted to release
candidate, those are:

1) All AssemblyInfo.cs in /trunck/C#/src/ should have the same assembly
version.
2) /trunck/C#/src/HISTORY.txt file need to reflect what has been fixed, show
the build version and that this is a RC (release candidate) (change it to
"final" when it becomes a release)

After those changes, the community should start using the code off this
trunk and if there is no issue for, lets say a month, a vote for release
should be called.

One of the tests that I have always done before I nominate a build for RC is
verify that the index works with Java Lucene; you should take the time and
do some basic test on this area too.  Have the same index be modified by
Java Lucene and then by Lucene.Net.

Regards,

-- George