From "Max Metral" <...@artsalliancelabs.com>
Subject RE: Current Status/Plans for Lucene.Net 2.3
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2008 17:43:51 GMT
Not to toss too much water on NAnt, but why not use MSBuild instead?
That way you can use the existing core sln/project files, but still
don't need VStudio.

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Sale [mailto:dougsale@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 1:00 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Current Status/Plans for Lucene.Net 2.3

Sean,

AFAIK, no one is working on that.  I think that would be useful - it
would
encourage development by people who don't want to or are not able to use
Visual Studio.

Regarding test failures, I expect
TestStressIndexing.TestStressIndexAndSearching(),
TestSpans.TestSpanNearOrdered0[2-5](), and
TestHugeRamFile.TestHugeFile() to
fail.

Where does your experience diverge?

BTW, I don't believe there is an issue with the latter test.  When I
reduce
the size of the file by a factor of 2 the test succeeds on my machines.
believe it is merely an "eating all your memory and virtual memory"
issue.

As I mentioned, previously - I'm investigating the tests listed above,
but
welcome any and all assistance.

Thanks.

<stcarpenter@gmail.com