From "Doug Sale" <dougs...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene.Net 2.3.2 Candidate (Patch and Status)
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2008 20:34:58 GMT
Attached is a patch that upgrades the current Lucene.Net SVN HEAD to the
equivalent functionality of Lucene version 2.3.2.  For those who would like
to try it, simply get the latest SVN HEAD and apply the attached patch file
from the root directory of the check-out.

The patch file is comprised of multiple patches available via JIRA (2.3.1)
plus modifications I've made on top of these patches (2.3.2).  The
aforementioned JIRA patches were submitted by DIGY, Sean Carpenter, and
myself (please pardon me if I've overlooked anyone's contribution).  The
list of JIRA entries and associated patch files, and of all files modified
by the attached patch are at the bottom of this email.

This patch *is not* a comprehensive application of all valid, available
patches.  It is simply the subset of deltas necessary to update SVN HEAD
code (version 2.1.0) to version 2.3.2 and satisfy the unit test suite.

Ideally, the patches associated with the JIRA issues above would already be
applied to the SVN HEAD, and I could simply provide an upgrade patch - from
2.3.1 to 2.3.2.  However, neither I nor any of the other patch contributors
are committers to this project and we are at the mercy of the current
contributors with regard to updating the source, let alone creating an
official release.  This will hopefully soon be rectified.

Thanks,
Doug

The list of patches included in the attached patch file, by JIRA issue:

LUCENENET-135 SupportClass.patch
LUCENENET-143 TestStressIndexing2.patch, FieldsReader.patch
LUCENENET-145 DocumentsWriter.patch
LUCENENET-146 SegmentTermPositionVector.patch
LUCENENET-151 MultiPhraseQuery.patch
LUCENENET-152 SegmentInfos.patch, FSDirectory.patch
LUCENENET-154 TestIndexWriterLockRelease.patch
LUCENENET-155 SetUp.patch
LUCENENET-157 GetFieldNames.patch, FieldInfos.patch
LUCENENET-158 CheckHits.patch

The complete list of files modified by the attached patch file:

C#/src/Lucene.Net/Analysis/Standard/StandardTokenizer.cs
C#/src/Lucene.Net/Analysis/Standard/StandardTokenizerImpl.cs
C#/src/Lucene.Net/Analysis/Standard/StandardTokenizerImpl.jflex
C#/src/Lucene.Net/Index/CheckIndex.cs
C#/src/Lucene.Net/Index/DocumentsWriter.cs
C#/src/Lucene.Net/Index/FieldInfos.cs
C#/src/Lucene.Net/Index/FieldsReader.cs
C#/src/Lucene.Net/Index/IndexModifier.cs
C#/src/Lucene.Net/Index/IndexWriter.cs
C#/src/Lucene.Net/Index/LogMergePolicy.cs
C#/src/Lucene.Net/Index/MultiSegmentReader.cs
C#/src/Lucene.Net/Index/ParallelReader.cs
C#/src/Lucene.Net/Index/SegmentInfos.cs
C#/src/Lucene.Net/Index/SegmentMerger.cs
C#/src/Lucene.Net/Index/SegmentReader.cs
C#/src/Lucene.Net/Index/SegmentTermPositionVector.cs
C#/src/Lucene.Net/Search/MultiPhraseQuery.cs
C#/src/Lucene.Net/Store/BufferedIndexInput.cs
C#/src/Lucene.Net/Store/FSDirectory.cs
C#/src/Lucene.Net/SupportClass.cs
C#/src/Test/Analysis/TestAnalyzers.cs
C#/src/Test/Index/TestAddIndexesNoOptimize.cs
C#/src/Test/Index/TestCompoundFile.cs
C#/src/Test/Index/TestDocumentWriter.cs
C#/src/Test/Index/TestFieldInfos.cs
C#/src/Test/Index/TestFieldsReader.cs
C#/src/Test/Index/TestIndexReader.cs
C#/src/Test/Index/TestIndexWriter.cs
C#/src/Test/Index/TestIndexWriterLockRelease.cs
C#/src/Test/Index/TestParallelReader.cs
C#/src/Test/Index/TestSegmentReader.cs