From "Doug Sale" <dougs...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Current Status/Plans for Lucene.Net 2.3
Date Thu, 02 Oct 2008 19:29:27 GMT
Sean,

Currently, there are two people working on the 2.3.1 port - myself, and
DIGY.  Neither of us are committers, but the understanding is that we soon
will be.

IMHO, there are 7 outstanding patches across 6 JIRA issues that should be
applied to SVN HEAD:
LUCENENET-135 SupportClass.patch
LUCENENET-143 TestStressIndexing2.patch, FieldsReader.patch
LUCENENET-145 DocumentsWriter.patch
LUCENENET-146 SegmentTermPositionVector.patch
LUCENENET-152 SegmentInfos.patch
LUCENENET-155 SetUp.patch

After applying said patches, there remain unit test failures in
TestStressIndexing.TestStressIndexAndSearching() (intermittent exceptions)
and TestSpans.TestSpanNearOrdered0[2-4]() (2 search results' relevance
ranking are swapped).

I am currently attempting to resolve these issues.  Any and all assistance,
however, is welcome.  A first step would be to apply these patches to the
SVN HEAD and verify that your test results match mine.

Additionally, on most machines TestHugeRamFile.TestHugeFile() will fail due
to a lack of physical memory (and might crash VS and/or your system).  This
can be alleviated by reducing the size requirement in the unit test.

The current committers are responsible for reviewing these patches, applying
them when worthy, and determining when the code is ready for release.

Also - I have a local version of the code with the 2.3.2 changes ported,
ready-to-go, once the current batch of patches have been applied and the
remaining issues have been resolved.

-Doug