From Jeroen Lauwers <Jeroen.Lauw...@CTLO.NET>
Subject RE: Apache Lucene.Net.2.3.1 build 001 "Alpha" is now available
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:28:35 GMT
Hi George,

I just finished indexing our app data (+/- 1GB of data with millions of "small" documents).
And performed the first query test.

Not a single code-change necessary, ALL WORKED FINE.

Congrats

Jeroen

p.s. I didn't try to read the "old" indexes, I just deleted them and started from scratch

-----Original Message-----
From: George Aroush [mailto:george@aroush.net]
Sent: woensdag 25 juni 2008 17:18
To: lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Apache Lucene.Net.2.3.1 build 001 "Alpha" is now available

Hi Kevin

In a few days, or early next week, I should be releasing the Test code for
Lucne.Net 2.3.1.  At that time, you can start running the NUnit test and
address issues as they are reported.

Till then, you can help by doing the following:

1) Grab a copy off SVN and see that it works for you.

2) If you have an application that was using an older version of Lucene.Net,
this is a good opportunity to try out the 2.3.1 with it.

3) The HTML Index demo code is still broken.  See if you can fix it.

#2 is a good test for everyone to try.  It will at least tell us if the
public APIs are backward compatible or not.  If not, to what extent.

Thanks.

-- George