From "Michael Garski" <mgar...@myspace.com>
Subject RE: quick question I hope
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 17:56:26 GMT
Max -

Even with the large number of items with 'Street' in them, I would expect the documents that
also match 'Bradford' to have a higher score.  I'd suggest checking out the results using
the Searchable.Explain() method to see how the scores are being calculated.

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Max Metral [mailto:max@artsalliancelabs.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2008 7:33 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: quick question I hope

I couldn't find this searching Google, but I'm sure I should've been
able to.  Let's say I have a document called "Bradford Street Play Area"
(because I do!), and I want a search for Bradford Street Park to work.
First, in general, I do an "all terms" search.  That fails, so I do an
OR search.  Problem is a HUGE number of documents have Street in them.
I don't mind that they match so much as that I'd like to have the term
frequency in the corpus influence the scoring.  Is there a Scorer or
query-boosting trick to accomplish this?

Thanks

--Max