From "Michael Garski" <mgar...@myspace.com>
Subject Committers
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 21:20:50 GMT
Thank you everyone that replied to me on and off list that expressed
interest in becoming a committer.  I am glad to see the Lucene.Net
project still has interest in the community.

As George is no longer involved with Lucene.Net, the first committers
will be selected from those that have already submitted patches through
JIRA.  I have contacted those individuals off-list.  For those of you
that would like to participate in the project, I urge you to check out
the Apache guide to participation at
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/participation.html

As I mentioned in my previous email, our 2.3 port is in progress.  Once
we complete the port and it's unit tests, we will make it available for
everyone to poke and prod.  At this point I would give a conservative
estimate of 6 weeks before it is available... I'm not committing to
deliver by that date, so don't hold me to it J

I will update the mailing lists to the status of the project as things
progress.

Thanks,

Michael