From "Vijay Santhanam" <vi...@spectrumwired.com>
Subject RE: Lucene.Net Committers Needed
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 02:18:14 GMT

email to the sender and destroy all copies. Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Garski [mailto:mgarski@myspace.com]
Sent: Friday, 7 March 2008 8:02 AM
To: lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org;
lucene-net-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Lucene.Net Committers Needed

Everyone,

As George Aroush is stepping away from future involvement in the
Lucene.Net project and is the sole committer, I have been corresponding
with some of the Java Lucene folks about how to get new committers into
the project so that it can continue to thrive.  Some of you have
uploaded patches to JIRA that have been incorporated into the Lucene.Net
source, and if you have done so and are interested in being a committer
please email me off list so I can add you to the list of proposed
committers.

We have a few people here that are working on our port of 2.3 and will
likely be considered to be committers, but we need diversity in those
ranks rather than having all come from one group.  Having only one
committer currently has proved to be a bottleneck in advancing the
project.

On a side note, our port of 2.3 is progressing nicely and we will be
making it available once it is complete.  Our initial goal is to get 2.3
released, then begin internal optimizations for the .net platform.

Your comments are welcomed and appreciated!

Thanks,

Michael Garski