From Wei Cheng <wch...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: question
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 23:25:18 GMT

Yeah, I get a clearer picture now. thanks> To: lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 13:19:55 -0500> Subject: RE: question > From: neal.granroth@thermofisher.com>
> You might want to re-examine your assumptions about Lucene.> > One can view the
index constructed by Lucene as being itself a database; and therefore it would be possible
(though probably not desireable) to construct an ODBC adapter and access the content of a
Lucene index as if it were a typical relational database using SQL via Microsoft ADO.>
> Another thought to consider is that Lucene gets a large part of its search speed by the
specific data structures it uses. Revising Lucene to access a traditional database directly,
to use the database tables as its "index", would most likely reduce search performance below
the level where searching the data via Lucene provides any practical benefit.> > I think
it best to view Lucene as an attachment that you use in addition to (or in parallel with)
your database.> > Hope this helps.> > -- Neal> > > -----Original Message----->
From: Maha Khairy [mailto:black_opal_87@yahoo.com]> Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 4:55
PM> To: lucene dotNet> Subject: question> > Hello> I wanted to build a search
engine using the net-lucene, the problem is I find it a little ambiguous to understand , I
know it doesn't do crawling and I understood it only do the indexing and the searching, but
it doesn't interact with any database, I assume it use data structures instead of tables in
database,> Anyway, now I need to know if I understood right, and how to make it interact
with database (if my assumption was true, what are the classes that I need to modify to do
that)> And if the lucene have any flowcharts, activity diagrams or any diagrams that show
the flow of data how do I get them.> > Another question> If I wanted to support a
certain language what are the classes that I'll need to implement> Thanks in advance>