From Michael Garski <mgar...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Unit Tests
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:46:05 GMT
George -

I completely deleted the source on my machine and retrieved the current
version from svn.  The same two tests fail in the same way, on an
invalid cast.

Search\TestSort\TestNormalizedScores
Search\TestSort\TestRemoteSort

Looking at diff's in svn on the TestSort.cs file, between revision
564939and 569217, the fix for LUCENENET-86, the decimal seperator was
changed to that of a culture sensitive one (line 125).  This would
explain why the patch I added to LUCENENET-94 corrects the issue as that
patch changes the casting of string to floats to using Convet.ToSingle,
and when that is inspected with Lutz Roeder's .NET Reflector the Convert
method internally uses float.Parse(value, cultureInfo).  If the data in
the index is made culturally sensitive, then the comparison on it later
should be as well.  I am a little stumped as to why it throws an error
when it is cast, as my culture sets the NumberDecimalSeperator as a '.'

So it appears as if it is related to cultural sensitivity as DIGY
suggested...  Are you able to duplicate this at all with the latest
version of TestSort.cs?

Michael