From "George Aroush" <geo...@aroush.net>
Subject RE: Unit test TestIndexWithThreads fails
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 13:33:32 GMT

> Has anyone else encountered problems with unit test
> "TestIndexModifier.TestIndexWithThreads" using the current source SVN?
>
> I encounter this exception:
>
> An unhandled exception was detected. Since it was most likely
> thrown on a separate thread, it may or may not have been
> caused by the current test.
>
> System.SystemException: Internal error: 2 deleted 0
> documents, term=id:38
>    at Lucene.Net.Index.IndexThread.Run() in
> F:\Lucene-dev2\Test\Index\TestIndexModifier.cs:line 325
>    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
>    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
> executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
>    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

I have seen this too, once.  Another variation on this that I saw once was
the test would never finish.  But this was early on when there were still
dozens of NUnit tests still failing.  How up-to-date is your code with SVN?

Speaking of TestIndexWithThreads, if you compare the time it takes for this
test to run against Lucene Java, you will see that the .NET one is 100's of
times slower then the Java one.  Any idea why?

-- George