From "Joe Shaw" <...@joeshaw.org>
Subject Re: Apache Lucene.Net 2.1 build 002 "Beta" released
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2007 23:34:53 GMT
Hi,

On 8/11/07, George Aroush <george@aroush.net> wrote:
> I agree, and I see little value to have a full release of 2.1.  However,
> before we start working on 2.2, we should fix the existing known issues with
> 2.1 that NUnit tests has exposed; doing so will make the transition to 2.2
> must easier.  If we take this path, then we can leave 2.1 in a
> "non-supported" mode and move on to 2.2.  Does everyone agree?

When new versions of Lucene.Net made, are they merges of the changes
from the previous Java version (converted somehow), or are they
totally new conversions with some of the .Net-isms merged in?  If the
former, this definitely makes sense.  If the latter, I would think it
makes more sense to skip 2.1 entirely.

In any case, moving forward on either front is positive news.  Keep up
the good work. :)

Joe