From "Max Metral" <...@artsalliancelabs.com>
Subject strange exception
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 10:38:07 GMT
I've seen a few of these exceptions float by our production web site,
and it's so deep in Lucene I really wonder what we could be doing to
cause it.  Any thoughts or lightbulbs that go off from this stack trace?

MESSAGE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

SOURCE: Lucene.Net

TARGETSITE: Void ReadInternal(Byte[], Int32, Int32)

REFERER:

STACKTRACE:    at Lucene.Net.Store.FSIndexInput.ReadInternal(Byte[] b,
Int32 offset, Int32 len)

   at Lucene.Net.Store.BufferedIndexInput.ReadBytes(Byte[] b, Int32
offset, Int32 len)

   at
Lucene.Net.Index.CompoundFileReader.CSIndexInput.ReadInternal(Byte[] b,
Int32 offset, Int32 len)

   at Lucene.Net.Store.BufferedIndexInput.Refill()

   at Lucene.Net.Store.BufferedIndexInput.ReadByte()

   at Lucene.Net.Store.IndexInput.ReadVInt()

   at Lucene.Net.Index.TermBuffer.Read(IndexInput input, FieldInfos
fieldInfos)

   at Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentTermEnum.Next()

   at Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentTermEnum.ScanTo(Term term)

   at Lucene.Net.Index.TermInfosReader.ScanEnum(Term term)

   at Lucene.Net.Index.TermInfosReader.Get(Term term)

   at Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentReader.DocFreq(Term t)

   at Lucene.Net.Index.MultiReader.DocFreq(Term t)

   at Lucene.Net.Search.IndexSearcher.DocFreq(Term term)

   at Lucene.Net.Search.Similarity.Idf(Term term, Searcher searcher)

   at Lucene.Net.Search.TermQuery.TermWeight..ctor(TermQuery
enclosingInstance, Searcher searcher)

   at Lucene.Net.Search.TermQuery.CreateWeight(Searcher searcher)

   at Lucene.Net.Search.BooleanQuery.BooleanWeight..ctor(BooleanQuery
enclosingInstance, Searcher searcher)

   at Lucene.Net.Search.BooleanQuery.BooleanWeight2..ctor(BooleanQuery
enclosingInstance, Searcher searcher)

   at Lucene.Net.Search.BooleanQuery.CreateWeight(Searcher searcher)

   at Lucene.Net.Search.BooleanQuery.BooleanWeight..ctor(BooleanQuery
enclosingInstance, Searcher searcher)

   at Lucene.Net.Search.BooleanQuery.BooleanWeight2..ctor(BooleanQuery
enclosingInstance, Searcher searcher)

   at Lucene.Net.Search.BooleanQuery.CreateWeight(Searcher searcher)

   at Lucene.Net.Search.Query.Weight(Searcher searcher)

   at Lucene.Net.Search.Hits..ctor(Searcher s, Query q, Filter f)

   at Lucene.Net.Search.Searcher.Search(Query query, Filter filter)

   at Lucene.Net.Search.Searcher.Search(Query query)

   at
AALabs.BenTen.Utilities.Text.IdentifiedObjectIndexer`2.SearchHits..ctor(
IndexSearcher s, Query q) in
C:\dev\BenTen\Src\Utilities\Text\IdentifiedObjectIndexer.cs:line 428

   at
AALabs.BenTen.Utilities.Text.IdentifiedObjectIndexer`2.Search(Query
query) in
C:\dev\BenTen\Src\Utilities\Text\IdentifiedObjectIndexer.cs:line 404