From "Ingemar Strandberg" <ingo.strandb...@home.se>
Subject Search using BooleanQuery with wildcards or phrases
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 12:33:41 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to use a nested BooleanQuery using the query "+text:jennifer
lopez" and I get no hits. If I use a simple Query it works fine and I get
the results I want.

I am using Lucene.Net 2.0.004 and I have looked in the tests. I have not
found any tests on phrases or wildcards using BooleanQuery. Does anybody
know if this is a known issue. Does anybody have a solution or a hint what I
could do to solve this problem.

I would be very pleased if someone had a solution for this.

Thanks!

Here is the code if somebody is interested:

IndexReader reader = IndexReader.Open("c:\temp\myIndex");

QueryParser parser = new QueryParser("text", analyzer);

BooleanQuery q1 = new BooleanQuery();

q1.Add(new TermQuery(new Term("text", "The text I want to search for")),
BooleanClause.Occur.MUST);

if (m_CatList.Count > 0) // It doesn't matter whether it enters this area or
not

{

BooleanQuery q2 = new BooleanQuery();

for (int i = 0; i < m_CatList.Count; i++)

{

q2.Add(new TermQuery(new Term("category", m_CatList[i].ToString())),
BooleanClause.Occur.SHOULD);

}

q1.Add(q2, BooleanClause.Occur.MUST);

}