From "Joe Shaw" <...@ximian.com>
Subject Re: Possible leaks in SegmentReader and TermInfosReader
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 21:43:53 GMT
Hi,

On 3/29/07, Ayende Rahien <ayende@ayende.com> wrote:
> That is a bad idea in general, since threads usually don't die.
> If we take a traditional ASP.Net application, the threads are on the thread
> pool, and are mostly busy serving requests, they don't tend to die that
> often.

But if each of these threads are serving search requests, don't you
want them to be returning results as quickly as possible?  I don't
know exactly how the thread pooling works, but it seems like the only
time you'd be wasting any memory is when you previously had a spike in
search traffic (in which you would have been using all that memory
anyway) but now are in a lull.

Joe