From "Max Metral" <...@artsalliancelabs.com>
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 21:41:58 GMT
I'm confronting the almost age-old problem of Lucene in a web farm.  My
centralized indexing server is deleting documents and reindexing the
updated versions.  The IndexReaders on my farm of search servers are
long-lived.  So:

1)      Do I need to be closing and reopening those client readers in
order to see deletes from the indexing server?

2)      Is it cheap to continually reopen the readers, or should I do it
periodically somehow?

3)      Do I need to be taking some other approach on the indexing
server to be smarter about deletes/updates?

Thanks.

--Max