From tony njedeh <nje...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: New to Apache Lucene.Net 2.0.0
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2007 03:16:25 GMT
Hi Ed,

  Sorry, I wasn't by my computer so I couldn't reply earlier, thanks, I have downloaded the
dll file.

  Thank you
  Tony

Ed Jones <Edmund.Jones@warc.com> wrote:
  Hi Tony,

I've emailed that to you. I've zipped it up as yahoo may block a dll.

Ed

-----Original Message-----
From: tony njedeh [mailto:njedeh@yahoo.com]
Sent: 02 March 2007 23:32
To: lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: New to Apache Lucene.Net 2.0.0

Hi Ed,

I downloaded all the zip file downloads on that page and unzipped and
searched every single folder for the dll files and I was unable to find
it. I dont know what if, the dll files were recently taken from the zip
or something.

Is it possible to forward the dll files to me.

Tony

Ed Jones wrote:
Tony,

Try downloading the files from http://www.dotlucene.net/download/ simply
download the ZIP file and look for the dll I the bin directory. Add as a
reference in your VS.net project.

Then take a look at the 5 tutorials here
http://www.dotlucene.net/tutorial/ , they are in c# but you can use an
online converter like this one:
http://www.developerfusion.co.uk/utilities/convertcsharptovb.aspx

I had the same learning curve as you and although I only dabbled with
Lucene I got an indexer and searching system working quite quickly.

Hope that helps
Ed