From "Ed Jones" <Edmund.Jo...@warc.com>
Subject RE: New to Apache Lucene.Net 2.0.0
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 21:10:52 GMT
Tony,

Try downloading the files from http://www.dotlucene.net/download/ simply
download the ZIP file and look for the dll I the bin directory. Add as a
reference in your VS.net project.

Then take a look at the 5 tutorials here
http://www.dotlucene.net/tutorial/ , they are in c# but you can use an
online converter like this one:
http://www.developerfusion.co.uk/utilities/convertcsharptovb.aspx

I had the same learning curve as you and although I only dabbled with
Lucene I got an indexer and searching system working quite quickly.

Hope that helps
Ed

-----Original Message-----
From: tony njedeh [mailto:njedeh@yahoo.com]
Sent: 02 March 2007 20:05
To: lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: New to Apache Lucene.Net 2.0.0

Regarding the lucene.net.dll, am I to compile my files and get the .dll
files or its provided on the website.

  And the first step, I would like to make is, indexing and building a
test document I can search with.

  I am sorry for my elementary questions, I am very new to the lucene
environment.

  Thank you

  Anthony

Max Metral <max@artsalliancelabs.com> wrote:
  Sorry, my respose was leading but not informative. I would think you'd
be better off including the .Net dll and leaving it in its original
state. You should not need Java at all, unless you want to use the
Lucene Index Explorer for debugging (which is nice). What is the next
step you're trying to do? Index something? Build a test document?