From "George Aroush" <geo...@aroush.net>
Subject RE: New to Apache Lucene.Net 2.0.0
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2007 02:05:11 GMT

>From the Lucene.Net, if you follow the download link you will see a

Regards,

-- George Aroush

-----Original Message-----
From: tony njedeh [mailto:njedeh@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2007 6:32 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: New to Apache Lucene.Net 2.0.0

Hi Ed,

  I downloaded all the zip file downloads on that page and unzipped and
searched every single folder for the dll files and I was unable to find it.
I dont know what if, the dll files were recently taken from the zip or
something.

  Is it possible to forward the dll files to me.

  Tony

Ed Jones <Edmund.Jones@warc.com> wrote:
  Tony,

Try downloading the files from http://www.dotlucene.net/download/ simply
download the ZIP file and look for the dll I the bin directory. Add as a
reference in your VS.net project.

Then take a look at the 5 tutorials here http://www.dotlucene.net/tutorial/
, they are in c# but you can use an online converter like this one:
http://www.developerfusion.co.uk/utilities/convertcsharptovb.aspx

I had the same learning curve as you and although I only dabbled with Lucene
I got an indexer and searching system working quite quickly.

Hope that helps
Ed