From "George Aroush" <geo...@aroush.net>
Subject RE: Globalization.CultureInfo
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2007 01:42:26 GMT
Hi,

Can you submit a JIRA on this issue so we can keep track of it for 2.1
release.

Thanks.

-- George Aroush

-----Original Message-----
From: digy digy [mailto:digydigy@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 4:49 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Globalization.CultureInfo

Hi all,

Countries using "," as decimal separator gets an exception in
QueryParser.cs(ex.
Lucene.NET V2.0.0.3 QueryParser.cs Line:1023)  with a query like
color~0.5    because Single.Parse("0.5") is parsed as 5 and exceeds 1.0.
[see Control Panel/Regional And Language Options] I have been using
Lucene.NET since v1.9Beta and with every release making the change in the
code as below:

  " fms = (float) System.Single.Parse(fuzzySlop.image.Substring(1)); "
to-->
  " fms = (float) System.Single.Parse(
    fuzzySlop.image.Substring(1).Replace(
     ".",

System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.NumberFormat.NumberDecimalSe
parator)

   );

Can that fix be included in the next releases of lucene?

Regars

DIGY