From "Digy" <digyd...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: New to Apache Lucene.Net 2.0.0
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2007 18:08:40 GMT
Hi Tony
No diff. whether coding in WinForms or ASP.NET
I prepared a simple example for you.
DIGY

private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            string IndexPath=@"c:\temp\blabla";
            bool createANewIndex = true; //true:"New index" false:"use
existing index"

            IndexWriter wr = new IndexWriter(IndexPath, new
Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer(), createANewIndex);
            IndexDocument(wr, @"c:\temp\somedoc1.txt");
            IndexDocument(wr, @"c:\temp\somedoc2.txt");
            wr.Close();

            Search(IndexPath, "hakuna matata");
        }

        void IndexDocument(IndexWriter wr,string DocumentPathToIndex)
        {
            StreamReader rd = new StreamReader(DocumentPathToIndex);

            Document doc = new Document();
            Field f1 = new Field("FileName", DocumentPathToIndex,
Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.NO);
            Field f2 = new Field("Text", rd.ReadToEnd(), Field.Store.NO,
Field.Index.TOKENIZED);
            doc.Add(f1);
            doc.Add(f2);
            wr.AddDocument(doc);

            rd.Close();
        }

        private void Search(string Path,string TextToSearch)
        {
            IndexSearcher searcher     = new IndexSearcher(Path);

            QueryParser queryParser = new QueryParser("Text", new
Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer());
            Query query = queryParser.Parse(TextToSearch);

            Hits hits = searcher.Search(query);

            string s = "";
            for (int i = 0; i < hits.Length(); i++)
            {
                s += hits.Doc(i).GetField("FileName").StringValue() + "\n";
            }

            searcher.Close();

            MessageBox.Show(s);

        }