From "Jokin Cuadrado" <joki...@gmail.com>
Subject what is the purpose of lucene.net.util.bitvector?
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:42:39 GMT
Hi, I'm working on an indexing application using lucene.net

I want to make faceted browsing searchs, but I find a few limitations in the
current implementation of queryfilter.bits using bitarrays, The .net
bitarray class don't have a method to get the cardinality of the array in an
efficient manner.

This behavior  can be easily changed using  the lucene.net.util.bitvector in
lucene, and implementing the "and" method, or better ,  an intersection
count efficient method.

My question is if you think that lucene should change the current bitarray
implementation to the bitvector one, that i suppose is more like the java
bitset one.

--
Jokin Cuadrado