lucenenet-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "George Aroush (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Closed: (LUCENENET-27) Problem with multiple indices and multisearcher
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 03:02:27 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENENET-27?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

George Aroush closed LUCENENET-27.
----------------------------------

    Resolution: Fixed

Hi Vivek,

What you are reporting is not necessarily a defect in Lucene.Net; it is more like a question.
 Please post this question on the Lucene.Net development form with a sample code which re-creates
the problem and someone should be able to help you.

I am closing this issue.

Regards,

-- George

> Problem with multiple indices and multisearcher
> -----------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: LUCENENET-27
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENENET-27
>             Project: Lucene.Net
>          Issue Type: Bug
>         Environment: Windows XP, Visual Studio Pro 2005, Lucene .net 1.9 Final RC build
007
>            Reporter: Vivek Gupta
>         Assigned To: George Aroush
>
> Hi,
> I am working on a project where we have created an application that searches an index
that is created by a service.  The service continually watches a directory and updates the
index.  This part works fine.  I have now added a second index created by another application.
 I would like to be able to search across both indexes.  So I made changes to my first application
so that it uses multisearcher passing in an array of searchers for both of the indexes I want
to search.  However, this seems to result in an error (shown further down).  Also, both indexes
have the same fields and either one works fine by itself, it is just when multisearcher is
introduced that I end up with a problem.
> Here is the error I get:
> Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
>    at Lucene.Net.Store.FSIndexInput.ReadInternal(Byte[] b, Int32 offset, Int32 len) in
C:\development\Lucene.Net.1.9.rc7\Store\FSDirectory.cs:line 740
>    at Lucene.Net.Store.BufferedIndexInput.ReadBytes(Byte[] b, Int32 offset, Int32 len)
in C:\development\Lucene.Net.1.9.rc7\Store\BufferedIndexInput.cs:line 53
>    at Lucene.Net.Index.CompoundFileReader.CSIndexInput.ReadInternal(Byte[] b, Int32 offset,
Int32 len) in C:\development\Lucene.Net.1.9.rc7\Index\CompoundFileReader.cs:line 246
>    at Lucene.Net.Store.BufferedIndexInput.Refill() in C:\development\Lucene.Net.1.9.rc7\Store\BufferedIndexInput.cs:line
74
>    at Lucene.Net.Store.BufferedIndexInput.ReadByte() in C:\development\Lucene.Net.1.9.rc7\Store\BufferedIndexInput.cs:line
36
>    at Lucene.Net.Store.IndexInput.ReadVInt() in C:\development\Lucene.Net.1.9.rc7\Store\IndexInput.cA
first chance exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in Lucene.Net.dll
> s:line 63
>    at Lucene.Net.Index.TermBuffer.Read(IndexInput input, FieldInfos fieldInfos) in C:\development\Lucene.Net.1.9.rc7\Index\TermBuffer.cs:line
70
>    at Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentTermEnum.Next() in C:\development\Lucene.Net.1.9.rc7\Index\SegmentTermEnum.cs:line
130
>    at Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentTermEnum.ScanTo(Term term) in C:\development\Lucene.Net.1.9.rc7\Index\SegmentTermEnum.cs:line
166
>    at Lucene.Net.Index.TermInfosReader.ScanEnum(Term term) in C:\development\Lucene.Net.1.9.rc7\Index\TermInfosReader.cs:line
175
>    at Lucene.Net.Index.TermInfosReader.Get(Term term) in C:\development\Lucene.Net.1.9.rc7\Index\TermInfosReader.cs:line
168
>    at Lucene.Net.Index.TermInfosReader.Terms(Term term) in C:\development\Lucene.Net.1.9.rc7\Index\TermInfosReader.cs:line
236
>    at Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentReader.Terms(Term t) in C:\development\Lucene.Net.1.9.rc7\Index\SegmentReader.cs:line
317
>    at Lucene.Net.Search.PrefixQuery.Rewrite(IndexReader reader) in C:\development\Lucene.Net.1.9.rc7\Search\PrefixQuery.cs:line
49
>    at Lucene.Net.Search.BooleanQuery.Rewrite(IndexReader reader) in C:\development\Lucene.Net.1.9.rc7\Search\BooleanQuery.cs:line
514
>    at Lucene.Net.Search.IndexSearcher.Rewrite(Query original) in C:\development\Lucene.Net.1.9.rc7\Search\IndexSearcher.cs:line
276
>    at Lucene.Net.Search.MultiSearcher.Rewrite(Query original) in C:\development\Lucene.Net.1.9.rc7\Search\MultiSearcher.cs:line
333
>    at Lucene.Net.Search.Query.Weight(Searcher searcher) in C:\development\Lucene.Net.1.9.rc7\Search\Query.cs:line
98
>    at Lucene.Net.Search.Hits..ctor(Searcher s, Query q, Filter f) in C:\development\Lucene.Net.1.9.rc7\Search\Hits.cs:line
41
>    at Lucene.Net.Search.Searcher.Search(Query query, Filter filter) in C:\development\Lucene.Net.1.9.rc7\Search\Searcher.cs:line
54
>    at Lucene.Net.Search.Searcher.Search(Query query) in C:\development\Lucene.Net.1.9.rc7\Search\Searcher.cs:line
45
> Thanks,
> Vivek Gupta

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Administrators.jspa
-
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message