From "George Aroush" <geo...@aroush.net>
Subject RE: reverse date search
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 03:22:38 GMT
Hi Michael,

What's in your index?  Are you sure that your field "Subject" does have
"fast car"?  To analyze your index, it is very helpful if you use Luke.  You
can get a copy from: http://www.getopt.org/luke/

Regards,

-- George Aroush

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Paine [mailto:michael@justanswer.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2007 11:53 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: reverse date search

Hello,

I have successfully been able to implement many types of searchs using
Lucene.NET, but a few still elude me, and I hope you all could give me a tip
or two.

I have been having troubles creating phrase type searches for fields.
Whenever I enter something like:

Subject:"fast car"

No results are returned but if I implement the following:

            For Each token As String In Split(SubjectQuery, " ")
                If token <> "" Then
                    query.Add(New SpanTermQuery(New Term("Subject", token)),
OccurAs)
                End If
            Next

I receive results (OccurAs is BooleanClause.Occur type) although the phrase
never works.  Is phrase searches supported by field typing?  If so, how
would I go about doing this?

Thank you,
Michael