From "Michael Paine" <mich...@justanswer.com>
Subject reverse date search
Date Sun, 07 Jan 2007 04:53:07 GMT
Hello,

I have successfully been able to implement many types of searchs using
Lucene.NET, but a few still elude me, and I hope you all could give me a tip
or two.

I have been having troubles creating phrase type searches for fields.
Whenever I enter something like:

Subject:"fast car"

No results are returned but if I implement the following:

            For Each token As String In Split(SubjectQuery, " ")
                If token <> "" Then
                    query.Add(New SpanTermQuery(New Term("Subject", token)),
OccurAs)
                End If
            Next

I receive results (OccurAs is BooleanClause.Occur type) although the phrase
never works.  Is phrase searches supported by field typing?  If so, how
would I go about doing this?

Thank you,
Michael