From "Jeff Rodenburg" <jeff.rodenb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remote searching with Lucene - forward progress
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2006 16:24:11 GMT
Hi Robert, et. al -

No, I've not missed updating the list.  I've been a bit busy with other
things but have been working to resolve some serialization issues that are
down in the core of .Net Remoting.  The Lucene 2.0 codebase has been
problematic inside of the remoting architecture.  Rather than continue to
update the list with notifications about a lack of progress, I've opted to
attempt to address those issues and make an announcement when I'd reached
success.

So, no news for now.

thanks,
jeff

On 12/3/06, Robert Boulanger <robert@boulanger.at> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> concerning the message thread below which I began in August this year, I
> wonder if there is any progress on your side so far.
> Maybe I missed something in the mailinglist (what I expect), since I was
> busy with other stuff,  but the last note from you concerning remote
> search I find here was from september 13th.
> So, since I'm on this topic again, I just want to know, whether you
> released anything in the past months what I'm just not seeing or if you
> are still on the issue you are describing in your last note.
> thanks for replying
>
> best regards
>
> --Robert
>

> Jeff Rodenburg schrieb:
> > An update on the Remote Searching project I'm bringing forward.  I've
> > completed the base code for hand-off to the community.  I'm presently
> > working through a remoting/serialization issue that's popped up
> recently.
> > This appears to be something new in the Lucene 2.0 release.  I'm working
> > through that issue now, but I haven no expectation of when that's
> > resolved.
> >
> > Rather than release a non-working system, I'm going to resolve this
> > problem
> > first.  Once things are working appropriately, I'll send out a release
> > message.
> >
> > Thanks and if you have remoting experience and suggestions, feel free to
> > ping me.  :-)
> >
> > cheers,
> > jeff r.
> >

> > On 9/7/06, Jeff Rodenburg <jeff.rodenburg@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> All -
> >>
> >> Another update on the remote searching application code that's been
> >> mentioned in this thread.  I'm near completion of the entire
> >> collection of
> >> files that are needed for this project -- libraries, applications, unit
> >> tests, and documentation.  There's quite a bit to this, and thanks for
> >> everybody's patience as I assemble the code into something that's
> >> less than
> >> confusing.  There are several working pieces, so I'm packaging it for
> >> consumption.
> >>
> >> I expect to have this available sometime in the next few days, barring
> >> things like my life and regular job from getting in the way.  Again,
> >> I'll
> >> share an announcement to the list when I've made the files available.

> [...]
While
I'll
> >> solution, I
I would

> explain

> >> class

> >> knowledge of
> >> there
> >> client,
> >> published

> >> system is
> >> 1.345678 is

> "ms-help://MS.VSCC.v80/dv_commoner/local/redirect.htm?index='!DefaultContextWindowIndex'&keyword='jlca1043'"

> >> VB.NET)

New