From "George Aroush" <geo...@aroush.net>
Subject Sort differences between .NET and Java in Lucene.Net 2.0
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 04:45:42 GMT
Hi folks,

One of the remaining issues with Lucene.Net 2.0 is two tests that are
failing, TestInternationalMultiSearcherSort and TestInternationalSort.

After few hours of debugging, I discovered that in C#, "H\u00D8T" < "HUT"
but in Java, "H\u00D8T" > "HUT" (here, "H\u00D8T" is in Unicode and is
actually "Ø")

The culture-info / local used are, in C# "en-US" and in Java "Locale.US".

The fail point occurs because, I think, System.Globalization.CompareInfo is
not treating the string as Unicode; "\u00D8" is being treated as ASCII "O".
If that's the case, how do I tell .NET to use Unicode?

IF you know why .NET is behaving differently here, please let me know.

Regards,

-- George Aroush