From "Kaufmann M." <kaufman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Storing primary key / Change lucene's document ID
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 10:11:26 GMT
Hello George,
The Problem is the speed, some samples:

All Counts include writing IDs to file and BULK Insert to SQL:
18260 ID's - 72.2 s
352 ID's - 1.08s
96 ID's - 1.05s
29 ID's - 0.66s
3000 ID's - 10.02s
350 ID's - 0.98s
278 ID's - 0.48s
830 ID's - 2.25s

As you can see - the time it takes for Records >500 is absolutely slow...
If I write back the internal ID - it's a LOT faster...

I'm not using the lucene-ordering because this also slowed down the
returning process a lot.
And I'd like to count the results in different ways (which I was not able to
do in lucene) so I have to give back all ID's into SQL...

Thanks for helpin'!