From "Kaufmann M." <kaufman...@gmail.com>
Subject Storing primary key / Change lucene's document ID
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 20:20:23 GMT
Hello everybody,
I've got a little question concerning the unique ID stored in the Lucene
index (hits.ID(i)).
Is it possible to change this ID, or set it on doc.add?

Currently I'm running a test-project wich stores an external primary key in
a field named 'id', but if I call it from the search-engine I have to use
the get-method - wich slows it down.
If I could use this primary key as lucene-ID the whole engine would be a lot
faster because I just need the ID's returned...

Does anybody know if this is possible?

Thanks!
Best Regards, Marc