From Joe Shaw <joes...@novell.com>
Subject RE: 2.1 dev branch?
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 19:20:46 GMT
Hi George,

On Mon, 2006-10-16 at 21:04 -0400, George Aroush wrote:
> You mean 2.0.1 dev branch.

Maybe?  Jira has two versions: 2.0.1 and 2.1, and the Javadoc has the
2.1-dev API:

        http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/index.html

This gives me the impression that there are two branches.  2.0.x mostly
for bug fixes on top of 2.0.0, and 2.1 which is the next "major" release
which includes new APIs and such.

> What is holding me back from doing this is the fact that 2.0.1 is based on
> top of 2.0, and since 2.0 is still not released yet, I can't start working
> on 2.0.1.

Is there a technical reason why it can't be done, is it a maintenance
problem when merging codebases, or is it simply a time/manpower problem?
Any of these is a perfectly acceptable and reasonable answer... I am
just curious.

Thanks,
Joe