From "George Aroush" <geo...@aroush.net>
Subject RE: Memory leak with sorted searches
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 15:57:47 GMT
Hi Phil,

What will really help is if you can provide a working code that demonstrate
the problem.  This will help me and others to better see what the problem is
and we can use it for debugging.

Once you have a minimal working code demonstrating the problem, please
submit a JIRA issue and post the code there.

Btw, what version and build of Lucene.Net are you seeing this in?  Please
provide this info too.

Regards,

-- George

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Withington [mailto:philip.withington@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 10:03 AM
To: lucene-net-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Memory leak with sorted searches

George

The fixes made to solve the memory problem during indexing seem to work
great.  However during sorted searching the problem remains.  I think I've
narrowed the problem down to the fact that I'm creating and closing a new
IndexSearcher for every search.  If I keep the the IndexSearcher open, the
problem does not occur.  Therefore I'm guessing that IndexSearcher.Close()
is not releasing all of its resources.

Do what I've described repeatedly and memory usage will increase
indefinitely.  However if I don't apply the sort I get no problems
whatsoever.

Regards

Phil