From "George Aroush" <geo...@aroush.net>
Subject RE: Memory leak (was: RE: Lucene.Net Indexing Large Databases)
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 01:45:37 GMT
Hi Narendra and all,

Here is what I have so far.

The leak is coming from two classes: Lucene.Net.Store.RAMInputStream and
Lucene.Net.Store.RAMOutputStream.  Both of those classes are leaking because
the instances of Lucene.Net.Store.RAMFile (which both create) are not being
released.

In the class Lucene.Net.Store.RAMInputStream, if I modify the function
Close() from:

	public override void  Close()
	{
	}

	public override void  Close()
	{
		file.buffers.Clear();	// I added this line
	}

It will cut down the memory leak by up to 40%.

A similar code change in RAMOutputStream will result with a crash.

It's clear to me that instances of RAMInputStream and RAMOutputStream are
not being released (because of RAMFile) thus, the leak.  I don't believe the
line that I added is the fix.

So, I am still digging but any help anyone can offer would be great.

Regards,

-- George Aroush