From "Michael Freidgeim" <Micha...@librarysolutions.com.au>
Subject RE: HOw Can we search the database records using lucene.net
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 05:30:56 GMT
Hi Naveen,
Have a look an article: Indexing Database Content with dotLucene
http://www.wwwcoder.com/main/parentid/255/site/5017/68/default.aspx#

Regards,

Michael Freidgeim
Mailto:michaelf@librarysolutions.com.au
Blog: http://geekswithblogs.net/mnf/

-----Original Message-----
From: George Aroush [mailto:george@aroush.net]
Sent: Sunday, 27 August 2006 10:25 PM
To: lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: HOw Can we search the database records using lucene.net

Hi Naveen,

Lucene.Net can't search your database directly.  You have to write code
to extract the data off your database and pass on the extracted data to
Lucene.Net for indexing.  Once Lucene.Net indexes your data, you can
search on it using Lucene.Net.

Look at the demo examples that comes with Lucene.Net.  There is a very
simple demo that indexes file on your hard-drive.  This is a good place
for you to get started on how Lucene.Net works.

Regards,

-- George