From "Jon Palmer" <jpal...@contactnetworks.com>
Subject RE: Lucene.Net 2.0 "Alpha" is released
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 14:26:16 GMT

Is the plan for Lucene 2.0 to support only .net 2.0 or will there be a
.net 1.1 version?

Regards
Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: George Aroush [mailto:george@aroush.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 10:31 AM
To: lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org;
lucene-net-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Lucene.Net 2.0 "Alpha" is released

Hi Folks,

I just released build 001 of Lucene.Net 2.0 as "Alpha".  This is the
port of
the Java Lucene 2.0 to C#.  This release is "Alpha" because there are a
number of NUnit tests which are failing.  This can be due to defect in
the
core Lucene code or the test code.

If you have cycles and want to work on any of the failing tests, please
post
on the lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org mailing list saying so and
which
test case you want to work on so we can coordinate our effort.

My goal is to bring this release to a "Beta" quality before the end of
August and so after that to a "final" release.  Once we do so, I will
re-release Lucene.Net 2.0 with .NET 2.0 support.

Regards,

-- George