From "George Aroush" <geo...@aroush.net>
Subject Lucene.Net 2.0 "Alpha" is released
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 14:30:43 GMT
Hi Folks,

I just released build 001 of Lucene.Net 2.0 as "Alpha".  This is the port of
the Java Lucene 2.0 to C#.  This release is "Alpha" because there are a
number of NUnit tests which are failing.  This can be due to defect in the
core Lucene code or the test code.

If you have cycles and want to work on any of the failing tests, please post
on the lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org mailing list saying so and which
test case you want to work on so we can coordinate our effort.

My goal is to bring this release to a "Beta" quality before the end of
August and so after that to a "final" release.  Once we do so, I will
re-release Lucene.Net 2.0 with .NET 2.0 support.

Regards,

-- George