From Nicolas <nicolas.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BitArray vs BitSet
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 11:44:12 GMT
Yes of course. The issue is for .Net only. The point is, in c# the method
Bits(IndexReader reader) returns a BitArray.
BitArray is quite similar to java BitSet excepts that there is no efficient
way to find out how many bits in the BitArray are set to true.
That is to say, there is no equivalent to Java BitSet Cardinality() method.
This functionnality is quite usefull to know how many documents match a
given filter.
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in it. If so I could provide
my own implementation of the BitArray, which mimics
System.Collections.BitArray and only adds a Cardinality getter. Thus we'll
have to modify the signature of the Filter abstract method Bits(IndexReader)
to return it.
Pros: closer to Java BitSet functionnality
Cons: new class to maintain, make even more complex the conversion from Java
to C# ?
Regards,
Nicolas