From "George Aroush" <geo...@aroush.net>
Subject Lucene.Net 1.9 RC1 build 003 is now available on SVN
Date Sun, 04 Jun 2006 03:22:19 GMT
Hi folks,

I just finished releasing Lucene.Net 1.9 RC1 build 003 onto SVN.  You can
access the source code via SVN here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucene.net/trunk/C%23/src/

In addition, you can download a ZIP of the source from Lucene.Net's website
which is here: http://incubator.apache.org/lucene.net/download/

The key change notes in this release are:
- Release Lucene.Net.1.9 RC1 build 003 Alpha
- Note: This is the first release of Lucene.Net 1.9 to SVN
- Note: Added ZIP compression support via reflection.  Thanks to Eyal Post
- Note: Fixed bugs in the code which were expose via the NUnit "Test" code
- Note: NUnit "Test" code has been ported to Lucene.Net.  Out of 307 tests
58 are failing
- Note: There are still some reaming port work to be done; look for text
"Aroush" in the code
- Issue: There are still some code not fully ported; search for "Aroush" to
find those codes
- Issue: The NUnit test code has not been ported yet
- Issue: Demo.IndexHtml won't work due to some bug in the area of in-memory
stream porting

Now that I have finished the Lucene.Net test code port as well, when run
from NUnit the tests highlighted (and I fixed them) some issues with the
code.

The good news is this, out of 307 NUnit tests that Lucene.Net has, only 58
are currently failing.  If you got the cycles and want to help, please post
here which failed test(s) you want to take on so we don't re-fax the same
test.  Also, note that not all those 58 tests are falling because of a bug
in Lucene.Net source code but maybe failing due to bugs in the Test code --
which we still want to fix.

Also, as before, there are still some coding questions which I need help to
resolve.  Those are lines marked with "Aroush" -- take a look and let me
know if you can answer them.

Regards,

-- George Aroush