From "George Aroush" <geo...@aroush.net>
Subject Lucene.Net 1.9 RC1 Build 4 beta is ready
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 03:51:22 GMT
Hi Folks,

I just released build 4 of Lucene.Net 1.9 -- which I am labeling as "beta".
With this release, the number of failed test is now 44 out of 307 -- some of
those are failing because they are web test which I don't have setup.

Here is the release note:

- Release:  Lucene.Net.1.9 RC1 build 004 Beta
- Fix: Lucene.Net.Search.FieldCacheImpl.GetFloats() -- must remove 'f" or
"F" for System.Single.Parse() to work
- Fix: Lucene.Net.Index.GetFieldnames() -- was storing the object instead
the value in the object
- Fix: Test.Lucene.Net.Index.CollectionContains() -- need to compare
strings, not objects
- Fix: Test.Lucene.Net.Serch.TestKnownSetOfDocuments() -- don't fail if an
item doesn't exist

Again, I have to ask, is anyone running the NUnit test and taking on those
failed tests?  Is anyone got the cycles to help?  Is anyone still interested
and committed to Lucene.Net?

My plan is to finish off the 1.9 by end of June.  Then in July, take on
1.9.1 and finally, 2.0.  If folks can pitch in, we can do this much sooner.

Regards,

-- George