From "Jeff Rodenburg" <jeff.rodenb...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Lucene 2.0.0 release available
Date Sat, 27 May 2006 17:02:28 GMT
Below is a recent message from the Java dev list for Lucene.  As it states,
this is mostly a bugfix release against the 1.9 code.

The development path that's been suggested is that we develop the
1.9release on the
1.1 Framework and that we would cut over to the 2.0 Framework with the
2.0Lucene release.  I believe this is fine, but we need to begin
porting the
Java 2.0 release soon.  The Java 1.9 release was considered complete some
time last fall.  The time divide between the Java release and our C# port is
growing and is getting longer.

Not to take away from the 1.9 efforts on the 1.1 Framework, I'm going to
proceed on porting the Java 2.0 release to C# under the 2.0 Framework.  If
there are a substantial number of bugfixes in the 2.0 release, we should
make use of that as well.

Questions or comments welcome.

cheers,
jeff r.