From "Ali Khawaja" <akhaw...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Compression Implementation
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 13:55:09 GMT
If I remember correctly, you should be able to use j# libraries. It has
implementation of zip and its in .net framework 1.1, unless you are
looking for something else.

Ali

-----Original Message-----
From: George Aroush [mailto:george@aroush.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 6:05 AM
To: lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: Compression Implementation

Hi Johnny,

I have to keep Lucene.Net 1.9 .NET 1.1 compliant.  Since .NET 1.1
doesn't have compression API, I couldn't implement this port -- thus, I
left it out.

My idea on how to resolve this is to use reflection and through
reflection, one can integrate a 3rd party compression into Lucene.Net
1.9.  If you want to take on this part, please do and submit your code.
Your effort will be more then welcome and is a path to becoming a
committer for Lucene.Net.

Regards,

-- George Aroush