From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Compression Implementation
Date Fri, 12 May 2006 08:54:37 GMT

On May 12, 2006, at 2:00 AM, J C wrote:
> This is exactly what im thinkin
> #ziplib is GNU General Public License
>
> How wud this license affect Lucene.Net ?

	<http://www.apache.org/foundation/licence-FAQ.html#GPL>

IANAL, but it is tricky business to blend GPL into an ASF project.
IIRC, ASF may not distribute (L)GPLd binaries or source code, but it
is ok to have a dependency that can be plugged in at run-time for
sure.  The trickier part is a more built-in dependency.  I recommend
asking this on the incubator list first and see how others are
handling it before proceeding with any ziplib integration.

	Erik